Welcome to Legal Operators. We are glad that you are using our service and hope that you enjoy all the benefits that we provide. Please read these terms carefully since by registering with and using any Legal Operator services including, without limitation, our website, mobile application, Slack Channel or any other products or services that LO provides (collectively, “LO Services”), you are accepting and agreeing to the following Terms and Conditions, which have legal effect, including but not limited to, a notice provision, limitations of liability, and time limitations on claims. Your acceptance of these Terms and Conditions constitutes an acknowledgment that you have read and understand all the provisions herein.
- Definitions Used in these Terms and Conditions“LO” is Legal Operators, Inc.“Party” or “party” is You or Legal Operators, Inc. “Parties” or “parties” is both You and Legal Operators, Inc.
“You” or “Your” is anyone registering in or using LO Services.
- Limited Right to Access; Maintenance Support; OwnershipYour registration and payment of all due and current corresponding fees (if any) gives you a limited right (which is non-transferable and non-exclusive) to access and use LO Services. So long as Your account is current, LO shall use commercially reasonable efforts to provide maintenance and support of LO Services for Your use. In our constant effort to improve our services, LO reserves the right at any time, with or without notice to You, to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, any part or features of LO Services. LO shall not be liable to You or any third party for any modification, suspension, or discontinuance of any part of feature of LO Services. To protect the integrity of the LO Services, including, without limitation, from denial of service attacks, or illegal or inappropriate usage, LO reserves the right at any time in its sole discretion to block users from certain IP addresses to access LO.
LO and/or any person or entity that lists their information in the LO Services are the sole and exclusive owners of the information listed therein. Access by you to the LO Services and/or to such information may be terminated at any time.
LO owns all rights, title, and interest, including all related intellectual and proprietary property rights, in and to LO’s technology, content, and services. LO is, and shall be, the sole owner of all copyrights, trademarks, trade names, service marks, patents, inventions, discoveries, updates, improvements, modifications, enhancements, and other intellectual property comprising or relating to LO and LO Services (collectively hereinafter “Intellectual Property”), and retains the exclusive right to reproduce, publish, patent, copyright, trademark, sell, license, or otherwise make use of such Intellectual Property. The LO name, logo, and the names associated with LO’s product and services are trademarks of LO, Inc., and no right or license is granted to You to use them. You agree not to copy, modify, transmit, create any derivative works from, make use of, or reproduce in any way any copyrighted material, trademarks, trade names, service marks, or other intellectual property or proprietary information accessible through, relating to, or associated with LO or the LO Services, or to facilitate anyone else doing the same. You agree not to remove, obscure, or otherwise alter any proprietary notices appearing on any content, including copyright, trademark, and other intellectual property notices. By these Terms and Conditions, You grant LO a world-wide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free license to use and incorporate into LO or LO Services any suggestion, enhancement request, recommendation, correction or other feedback provided by You relating to LO and the LO Services.
- Disclaimer of Warranty We provide LO Services using a commercially reasonable level of care and promise to try our best to make sure you enjoy the use of LO Services. But there are certain things that we do not promise about LO Services.OTHER THAN AS EXPRESSLY SET OUT IN THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, LO DOES NOT MAKE ANY SPECIFIC PROMISES ABOUT LO SERVICES. FOR EXAMPLE, WE DON’T MAKE ANY COMMITMENTS ABOUT THE SPECIFIC FUNCTION OF LO SERVICES, OR ITS RELIABILITY, AVAILABILITY, OR ABILITY TO MEET YOUR NEEDS. WE PROVIDE LO “AS IS”. SOME JURISDICTIONS PROVIDE FOR CERTAIN WARRANTIES, LIKE THE IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, SATISFACTORY QUALITY, OR ACCURACY. LO DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE FUNCTIONS CONTAINED IN LO SERVICES WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, THAT THE OPERATION OF LO SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, OR THAT DEFECTS IN LO SERVICES WILL BE CORRECTED. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, WE EXCLUDE ALL WARRANTIES. NO ORAL OR WRITTEN INFORMATION OR ADVICE GIVEN BY LO SHALL CREATE A WARRANTY. IF YOU DO NOT ACCEPT THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY, YOU ARE NOT AUTHORIZED TO USE OR OBTAIN ANY MATERIAL OR INFORMATION THROUGH LO OR LO SERVICES. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR LIMITATIONS ON APPLICABLE STATUTORY RIGHTS OF A CONSUMER, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSION AND LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
LO HAS NOT INDEPENDENTLY VERIFIED THE QUALITY, QUALIFICATIONS, OR EXISTENCE OF THE SERVICES, PRODUCTS, OR PARTIES INCLUDED IN THE LO SERVICES INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE INNOVATION HUB AND TECH DIRECTORY, AND LO MAKES NO REPRESENTATION, WARRANTY, RECOMMENDATION, OR ENDORSEMENT OF ANY KIND WITH RESPECT TO ANY INFORMATION INCLUDED THE LO SERVICES.
- Authorized UsagePlease do not use LO Services in a way that violates any laws or regulations, infringes on anyone’s rights, is offensive, or interferes with the LO Services or any features of LO Services and its use You agree that your access will not impair the integrity, availability or confidentiality of LO’s information systems or data stored or transmitted therein. By Your registration, the use of the LO Services is only for You, and you shall not, directly or indirectly, let or facilitate anyone in using LO Services with your credentials besides You. And we need you to bear sole responsibility for ensuring that You restrict your usage of LO Services as stated herein and to its authorized purpose of a community of legal operations professionals and vendors facilitating the knowledge and learning for all. If we determine (in our sole discretion) that You have acted inappropriately, we reserve the right to prohibit You from using LO Services and to take appropriate legal actions.
- DataYou acknowledge that LO and/or the parties listing their information in the Innovation Hub and Tech Directory are the sole and exclusive owners of the information listed and that access by you to LO Services including, without limitation, the Innovation Hub and Tech Directory and/or to such information may be terminated at any time.
- Internet Connection and SecurityAn Internet connection is required to access certain features of LO. You will need to provide your own Internet access at your expense to use LO. The LO product and services may be subject to, and LO cannot be responsible for, any losses, claims, costs, penalties, fees, expenses, damages (including but not limited to special, consequential and punitive damages), fines, charges, liens, injuries, debts, liabilities, and expenses of every kind, including but not limited to reasonable attorneys’ fees and courts costs, and/or similar charges (collectively, “Costs”) of any limitations, delays, or other problems inherent in the use of the Internet and electronic communications.
- Relationship of the Parties The relationship of the Parties hereto is that of independent contractors. Nothing contained in this Agreement shall be construed as creating any agency, partnership, joint venture or other form of joint enterprise, employment or fiduciary relationship between the Parties, and neither Party shall have authority to contract for or bind the other Party in any manner whatsoever.
- Exclusive Choice of Forum; Governing LawAny claims, disputes, lawsuits, demands, administrative proceedings or causes of action, including tort, contract, at law or in equity, (collectively “Action”) arising from or relating to You or anyone who You, directly or indirectly, let or facilitate using LO Services including, without limitation, any other user (collectively, “Your Indemnitors”), and LO can only and exclusively be brought in a court of competent jurisdiction located in the State of California (which is LO’s principal place of business and state of incorporation, and the locale where the services are rendered). You and Your Indemnitors hereby consent to jurisdiction of the courts within the State of California AS THE SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE FORUM for any Action, and agree that any process, notice, motion, or other application to the courts within the State of California may be served outside the State of California by registered mail or by personal service, so long as the method used provides a reasonable time for appearance.
These Terms and Conditions or any Action shall be construed and interpreted under, and governed by, the substantive laws of the State of New York without regard to the choice or conflicts of law provisions of any jurisdiction which would apply the laws of another jurisdiction.
- LIMITATION OF ACTIONS
YOU AGREE THAT REGARDLESS OF ANY STATUTE OR LAW TO THE CONTRARY, ANY ACTION MUST BE FILED WITHIN ONE YEAR AFTER SUCH ACTION ACCRUED, OR SUCH ACTION IS FOREVER BARRED. FOR CLARIFICATION, ACTION IS A DEFINED TERM ABOVE.Attorneys’ Fees and Costs; Prevailing Party ProvisionIn the event that an Action or other legal matter between LO and You is instituted, the substantially prevailing party in such dispute shall be entitled to recover any and all Costs, from the non-prevailing party including, without limitation, all Costs of appeals.
- Cumulative RemediesThe rights and remedies under these Terms and Conditions are cumulative and are in addition to and not in substitution for any other rights any remedies available at law or in equity or otherwise.
- Force MajeureIf LO’s performance of any part of these Terms and Conditions, or the performance of LO, or the provision of services hereunder is prevented, hindered, delayed, or otherwise made impracticable due to anything outside LO’s reasonable control including, without limitation, any strike or other labor problem, flood, fire, explosion, war, civil unrest, act of God, act of terrorism, act of civil authority, act of vandalism, or technology failure (including network intrusions/failures/delays, denial of service attacks, and internet connectivity issues, computer or other technological failures involving hardware or software not within LO’s possession or reasonable control), LO shall be excused from performance to the extent that it is prevented, hindered or delayed. Provided LO takes reasonable steps to rectify the same, LO shall continue to be excused from performance and these Terms and Conditions shall be deemed suspended so long as and to the extent that any such cause shall operate to prevent, hinder, or delay the performance by LO of its obligations.
- IndemnificationYou agree to indemnify, defend, protect and hold LO its officers, directors, employees, agents, representatives, successors in interest and assigns (collectively the “Indemnitees”) harmless from and against any and all Costs, whether actual or alleged, arising from, relating to, or resulting from, in whole or in part: (1) the use of LO Services by You or Your Indemnitors (including, without limitation, any information that You or Your Indemnitors provide LO or on the LO Services), (2) any breach, default, or violation of these Terms and Conditions by You or Your Indemnitors; and/or (3) any violation of local, state, federal, or international rules, laws, codes, ordinances, regulations or treaties by You or Your Indemnitors.
- Additional Disclaimers; Limitation of Liability; Waiver of Consequential DamagesYOU AGREE AND ACKNOWLEDGE THAT LO’S AND ITS INDEMNITEES LIABILITY WITH RESPECT TO ANY ACTION, OR OTHER LEGAL MATTER THAT IS BROUGHT AGAINST LO BY YOU SHALL BE LIMITED TO $10,000.IN NO EVENT SHALL LO OR THE INDEMNITEES BE LIABLE TO YOU OR YOUR INDEMNITORS FOR ANY NON-ECONOMIC DAMAGERS OR ANY INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR OTHER DAMAGES OF SIMILAR TYPE OR KIND (INCLUDING LOSS OF DATA, REVENUE, PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE OR OTHER ECONOMIC ADVANTAGE) REGARDLESS OF THE NATURE OF THE CLAIM OR RELIEF REQUESTED.
- LO’s Suspension or Termination for Breach or DefaultIf You or Your Indemnitors breach or default upon any of the obligations set forth in these Terms and Conditions, LO has the exclusive and sole right to suspend or terminate Your access to LO Services. In the event of such suspension or termination, LO shall not be responsible for any Costs related to such suspension, interruption, or termination. These Terms and Conditions survive such suspension or termination, and continue in full force and effect, except for any terms that, by their nature, expire or are fully satisfied.
- SeverabilityIf any clause or provision of these Terms and Conditions shall be held invalid or unenforceable, in whole or in part, in any jurisdiction, such invalidity or unenforceability shall attach only to such clause or provision, or part thereof, and shall not in any manner affect any other clause or provision in any jurisdiction.
- NoticeAll notices under these Terms and Conditions shall be in writing and shall be deemed to be delivered five (5) business days after being deposited in the United States Postal Service, postage prepaid, the next business day if sent by recognized overnight courier, or when sent by e-mail (with proof of electronic delivery). Notices to LO shall be addressed to email@example.com. Notices to You shall be sent to the email address listed for You in LO.
- Complete Agreement; WaiverYour electronic acceptance of these Terms and Conditions shall suffice to bind You hereto, and LO’s provision of the LO Services to You shall manifest LO’s agreement to these Terms and Conditions.
These Terms and Conditions constitutes the complete and exclusive agreement between You and LO, Inc. and supersedes all prior express or implied agreements or understandings between the Parties concerning the LO Services and its use.Any waiver by LO of any performance by You of any of LO rights under these Terms and Conditions, shall not be deemed to be a waiver of any subsequent obligation of performance, default, or right of the same or similar kind. No single or partial exercise of any right, remedy, power or privilege hereunder precludes any other or further exercise thereof or the exercise of any other right, remedy, power or privilege.
If any term or provision of these Terms and Conditions is invalid, illegal or unenforceable in any jurisdiction, such invalidity, illegality or unenforceability shall not affect any other term or provision of these Terms and Conditions or invalidate or render unenforceable such term or provision in any jurisdiction.
- Non-AssignmentYou may not assign any of your rights or obligations under these Terms and Conditions to any third party or entity, and any rights or obligations hereunder may not be involuntarily assigned or assigned by operation of law, without the prior written consent of LO. Any purported assignment or transfer in violation of this section will be null and void.
- AuthorityYou represent and warrant that you have the legal power and authority to accept these Terms and Conditions.